• Free assistance

I waive my hourly fees if your personal annual income is less than £12,000 and I decide to work with you. I can spend up to 10 hours per week on unpaid assistance, on average.

Apart from talking with me because you are considering hiring me, I may also be able to assist you with the following:

  • Fee remission paperwork for court
    (fee remission form EX160a as PDF);
  • Filling out various forms;
  • Explanation of received letters;
  • Writing a letter in response;
  • Understanding why your claim was not successful in court or why a form you filed was sent back to you.

I can’t guarantee that I will always be able help you, but hey, what do you have to lose?

You may also be able to find me in a local (safe) pub or Costa Coffee at certain hours on certain days. I will announce those walk-in sessions on this web site. If you want, feel free to bring your paperwork along and approach me for assistance. I am available to talk with up to four people per walk-in session.

Please, don’t let the idea of having to pay for a cup of tea hold you back from seeing me at a walk-in session. I know what food poverty is like from my own experience and I’ll happily pay for your tea, coffee or orange juice. One day, you’ll just as happily do the same for someone else, or maybe you have already done so many times in the past. That makes us all even. And hey, if I had an office where you could visit me, you’d get that juice, tea or coffee too.

  • Repossession hearing buddy (evictions for rent arrears)

I can go along with you to court if you are being evicted for rent arrears from your home in Portsmouth. I am also allowed to be inside the courtroom (though exceptions may apply). Just having someone go into the court building with you and waiting outside the room can already make a difference to how you feel.court of law

Certainly if you’re all by yourself, give me a call if you want and I’ll go with you to the court, simply because nobody should have to go through that experience alone. (I have done it, so I know what I am talking about.) I will not be able to do anything about your eviction, however, and I want you to know that.

It can be bewildering enough to have to go to court, even without having to face the scary idea of being evicted on top of that. Again, if you want me to be there – just be there so that you are not alone, regardless of how many people are in your household – let me know. I may not always be available, of course, but I will do my best to clear my schedule for you if I have to. You can call me on 075 1826 1184 if you have to be in court and simply could use a sympathetic soul by your side.

end of page