Below you will find, for example:
- Books about justice, business and cultural differences
- Business-related books
- Books pertaining to Britain
A book brimming with valuable insights
By Oxford neuroscientist Kathleen Taylor.
5 books about justice, business and cultural differences that I recommend
- By Neil Wood: Good Cop, Bad War (About the war on drugs. I think he drew the right conclusion.)
- Followed up in 2018 by Drug Wars: The terrifying inside story of Britain’s drug trade.
- By Linda Polman: War Games: The Story of Aid and War in Modern Times (About the humanitarian aid sector. You may no longer be willing to donate to aid organizations after you’ve read this book.)
- Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do?
by champion Michael Sandel
- Trust: The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity
by Francis Fukuyama
- When Cultures Collide, 3rd Edition: Leading Across Cultures 3rd by Richard D. Lewis (2005)
3 business books
These are business books that contain a few life lessons as well. The story about RJR Nabisco is a fast-paced account – it’s been called a thriller – about business and banking practices (junk bonds and whatnots) and of course a portrayal of Ross Johnson and others. (It’s not for everyone, and not for every moment because it requires enough time.)
The book about Greggs gives you the inside view of how Greggs came about and grew into what it is today. It’s a good read and may change how you think of Greggs, the big chain it is today that started as a mom & pop undertaking not unlike my own parents’.
Hilary Devey’s Bold as Brass is suitable for everyone – unless you happen to be a misogynist. It’s a touching book, showing you how Hilary grew up in Britain, the many personal and professional challenges she had to overcome and how she developed Pall-Ex. Throughout her life, Hilary climbed many steep cliffs and was pushed off a few too.
6 books about Britain
And these three are by me, two as author and one as translator, two are fiction and one is non-fiction. You can click on the image to go to Amazon. Amazon also has my booklet Mixed Spices.