Below you will find, for exaample:
- Books about justice, business and cultural differences
- Business-related books
- Books pertaining to Britain
5 books about justice, business and cultural differences that I recommend
- By Neil Wood: Good Cop, Bad War (About the war on drugs. I think he drew the right conclusion.)
- By Linda Polman: War Games: The Story of Aid and War in Modern Times (About the humanitarian aid sector. You may no longer be willing to donate to aid organizations after you’ve read this book.)
- Justice: What’s the Right Thing to Do?
- Trust: The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity
- When Cultures Collide, 3rd Edition: Leading Across Cultures 3rd by Lewis, Richard D. (2005)
3 business books
These are business books that contain a few life lessons as well. The story about RJR Nabisco is a fast-paced account – it’s been called a thriller – about business and banking practices (junk bonds and whatnots) and of course a portrayal of Ross Johnson and others. (It’s not for everyone, and not for every moment because it requires enough time.)
The book about Greggs gives you the inside view of how Greggs came about and grew into what it is today. It’s a good read and may change how you think of Greggs, the big chain it is today that started as a mom & pop undertaking not unlike my own parents’.
Hilary Devey’s Bold as Brass is suitable for everyone – unless you happen to be a misogynist. It’s a touching book, showing you how Hilary grew up in Britain, the many personal and professional challenges she had to overcome and how she developed Pall-Ex. Throughout her life, Hilary climbed many steep cliffs and was pushed off a few too.
6 books about Britain